Carla is: a bookdrunkard. a 40-something with psychology and counseling degrees with post-grad work in grief/loss/trauma, sex crimes, and forensic anthropology. a woman who has lived in three haunted houses. a former freelance journalist and counselor, who is never bored. a disabled introvert who sees connections everywhere–like John Nash, only less math-y. a knitting fidget who loves horror movies with a skewed passion. Like one of her heroes, Harriet the Spy, she wants to learn everything and write in all down (more likely than not in her bullet journal). Join her (and sometimes her friends) in her strange library as she INFJs everything from unused angles. It’s going to get weird in the best way. Let’s play.
- Recommended reading: The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert Melissa Albert: Goodreads, Twitter Music: Haunted Me, “Mechanics of Leaving” If you are interested in having your book featured and reviewed on the podcast, please email me at email@example.com. My postal address may be found at theremightbecupcakes.com/about-me-myself-and-cupcakes/ Website: theremightbecupcakes.com Network: Braintrust Network Show Page Sponsor: Audible Facebook …Read More »
- In which Carla deconstructs one of her post-grad psychology papers and explores one of her favorite research topics: people who offend in pairs and murder as a team. Recommended reading from this episode: Deadly Innocence Invisible Darkness Karla: A Pact with the Devil Audio: Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka: The True Story of the Ken …Read More »
- In which Carla reads to you fairy tales and folklore all about losing one’s grip. Recommended reading from this episode: The Haunters and the Haunted, ed. Ernest Rhys The Complete Fairy Tales Grimm Gregory Maguire: Mirror, Mirror Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister Wicked Son of a Witch A Lion Among Men Out of Oz Website: …Read More »
- In which Carla faces down the shame that can come from POTS’ symptoms. Other episodes about Chronic Illness: 12: Driving, Dancing, and Pizza Hut 30: A Zebra with No Spoons The Mighty.com: All About POTS by People with POTS Website: theremightbecupcakes.com Network: Braintrust Network Show Page Sponsor: Audible Facebook Page: theremightbecupcakes Facebook Group: There Might …Read More »
- In which Carla introduces a series about Vixens, a very special plantation, and ghosts in its hollow. sbc.edu Referenced reading: Mary Oliver Mary Lee Settle Molly Haskell Sally Miller Gearhart Music: Doctor Turtle, “His Last Share of the Stars” Website: theremightbecupcakes.com Network: Braintrust Network Show Page Sponsor: Audible Facebook Page: theremightbecupcakes Facebook Group: There Might …Read More »